Tuesday, May 23, 2017

ECE Student Contributor Update from Kiersten


Kiersten shared the following reflection to the ODEC board: 
"The practices that I use to ensure everything is family-centered are promote active participation of families, and developing a service plan for families and their child. The ways I promote active participation of families is in the decision-making for their children. I meet with families whenever is needed and always have open communication with families. I am always texting and calling parents for good and bad days with students so they always know what’s going on while their children are at school. The other way is through developing a service plan for families. I sit down with families and create goals that they would like to see their children achieve. We create a plan to achieve them and then have periodic meetings to see how the students are doing to achieve the goal. "

No comments:

Post a Comment